Coursin named AHRI chair
The Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute has picked Wisconsin-based HVAC/R executive Keith Coursin to lead its Board of Directors.
Keith Coursin, president of Germantown, Wis.-based Desert Aire Corp. has been elected chairman of the board of directors of the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI). The group tapped Coursin at its Nov. 16 meeting in Carlsbad, Calif.
An active AHRI member for more than 10 years, Coursin has served as AHRI's treasurer; chairman of the dehumidifiers product section; and a member of the association's audit committee, budget and investment committee, education and training committee, and exposition policy committee.
Other officers elected at AHRI's annual meeting include:
* Vice chairmen: Morrison Carter, Beckett Gas Inc. , North Ridgeville, Ohio; Ray Hoglund, Hill PHOENIX , Conyers, Ga.
* Immediate past chairman: David Myers, Johnson Controls Inc ., Milwaukee
* Treasurer: Harry Holmes, Morrison Products Inc ., Cleveland.
AHRI’s board also elected 11 vice presidents:
* Todd M. Bluedorn, Lennox International , Richardson, Texas
* Steven S. Duerwachter, Baltimore Air Coil , Baltimore
* Dan Ellis, ClimateMaster , Oklahoma City
* J. R. Jones, Rheem Manufacturing Co. , Atlanta
* Bonnie Kern-Koskela, Maxitrol , Southfield, Mich.
* David LaGrand, Nordyne , O'Fallon, Mo.
* Michael Lehman, Bard Manufacturing Co ., Bryan, Ohio
* Edgar M. Purvis, Jr., Emerson Climate Technologies , Sidney, Ohio
* Ajita Rajendra, A.O. Smith Water Products , Ashland City, Tenn.
* John Reilly, National Refrigeration Products , Philadelphia
* Eric Roberts, CES Group , Chaska, Minn.
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Plant Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.
Annual Salary Survey
In a year when manufacturing continued to lead the economic rebound, it makes sense that plant manager bonuses rebounded. Plant Engineering’s annual Salary Survey shows both wages and bonuses rose in 2012 after a retreat the year before.
Average salary across all job titles for plant floor management rose 3.5% to $95,446, and bonus compensation jumped to $15,162, a 4.2% increase from the 2010 level and double the 2011 total, which showed a sharp drop in bonus.