Control Engineering-Engineers' Choice nominees, 2011
Nominations are closed for the 2011 Control Engineering Engineers' Choice Awards. Nominees follow, by category. Subscribers may now vote once per ballot if they meet the appropriate criteria ...
Engineers' Choice Award nominees for the 2011 awards follow by category. subscribers vote on the best products in automation, control, and instrumentation, based on technological advancement, service to the industry, and market impact. Winners will be announced in February 2011. More information about Control Engineering awards and recognition programs is available at www.controleng.com/awards, including voter qualifications. Nominated products follow.
Machine and Embedded Control - machine vision
- BOA Smart Camera from Dalsa Industrial Products
- Intelligent Compact Vision System SBOC-Q/SBOI-Q from Festo Corporation
- Impact M-Series Embedded Vision System from PPT Vision
Machine and Embedded Control – PACs
- CX5000 Embedded PC from Beckhoff Automation
- Foxboro PAC System from Invensys Operations Management
- NI CompactRIO from National Instruments
Machine and Embedded Control - PACs – motion
- IndraMotion MTX Micro CNC from Bosch Rexroth Corporation
- Allen-Bradley ControlLogix L73 and L75 Programmable Automation Controllers from Rockwell Automation
- MP2600iec Single Axis Controller from Yaskawa America Inc.
Machine and Embedded Control – PLCs
- CoDeSys Embedded Controller CPX-CEC from Festo Corporation
- RIO Pocket PLC from Galil Motion Control Inc.
- 750-881 Ethernet 2.0 Programmable Fieldbus Controller from Wago Corporation
Motion Control – drives
- Baldor Dirty Duty NEMA 4X Drives from Baldor Electric Company
- DMC-41X3 from Galil Motion Control Inc.
- Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 755 AC drive from Rockwell Automation
- V1000-4X from Yaskawa America Inc.
Motion Control – motors
- LARC motors from Applimotion Inc.
- HF-JP series servo motors from Mitsubishi Electric Automation Inc.
- DR Motor from SEW-Eurodrive Inc.
Motion Control – robotics
Motion Control - servo drives
- Bosch Rexroth IndraDrive Cs Economy Compact Servo Drive from Bosch Rexroth Corporation
- Gold Whistle Intelligent Servo Drive from Elmo Motion Control
- PACMotion from GE Intelligent Platforms
- Allen-Bradley Kinetix 3 component servo drive from Rockwell Automation
- Allen-Bradley Kinetix 6500 servo drive from Rockwell Automation
- Allen-Bradley Kinetix 300 EtherNet/IP Indexing Servo Drive from Rockwell Automation
Network Integration - data acquisition, integration
- DT9824/DT8824 Instrument Module from Data Translation Inc.
- 8B isoLynx SLX300 from Dataforth Corporation
- VPort 461 Video Encoder from Moxa
- eATM tManager Appliance Transaction Module from Online Development Inc.
- OptoEMU Sensor from Opto 22
Network Integration - Ethernet hardware
- EDR-G903 Industrial Firewall Router from Moxa
- Allen-Bradley Stratix 8300 Layer 3 managed switch from Rockwell Automation
- Scalance XR324 19-inch Rack Mount Switch from Siemens Industry Inc.
Network Integration - I/O systems
- HD Bus Terminals from Beckhoff Automation
- Electronic Marshalling from Emerson Process Management
- SLIO from Vipa
- WMF 2.5 Multi-Functional Terminal Block Series from Weidmuller
Network Integration - signal conditioning/diagnostics
- Allen-Bradley Bulletin 931 analog signal conditioners from Rockwell Automation
- ACT20P Bridge Signal Converter/Isolator from Weidmuller
Network Integration - wireless
- Zlinx Xtreme from B&B Electronics
- DX99...D Single-Chamber Instrinsically-Safe FlexPower Nodes from Banner Engineering
- OneWireless R200 from Honeywell Process Solutions
- WirelessHART gateway from Phoenix Contact
Network Integration -wire, cable, cordsets, connectors
- Belden DataTuff 600V Cat 5e AWM-rated Cable from Belden
- Han-Yellock from Harting Inc. of North America
- Skintop Cube from Lapp Group
- EcoPower HFFR Cables, Power Cords and Retractile Cables from Northwire Inc.
- D-Size powerfast from Turck Incorporated
Power - monitoring, protection
- WM30 Smart Power Quality and Utility Analyzer from Carlo Gavazzi Inc.
- C440 Electronic Overload Relay from Eaton Corporation
- SSG-RP Series Ultra-Wide Temperature UPS, Falcon Electric Inc.
- Fluke 381 Remote Display True-rms Clamp Meter with iFlex, Fluke Corporation
Process Control - analysis, optimization, tuning
- D/3 Loop Optimizer Powered by Control Station from Control Station Inc.
- PlantESP from Control Station Inc.
- Intune Valve Diagnostics from ControlSoft Inc.
- PlantTriage Control Performance Monitoring from ExperTune Inc.
Process control systems
- Experion R400 from Honeywell Process Solutions
- nanodac from Invensys Eurotherm
- FactoryTalk Batch software from Rockwell Automation from Rockwell Automation
- Logix Batch and Sequence Manager from Rockwell Automation
Process Sensors – flowmeters
- Elite High Capacity Coriolis Meter - Micro Motion, a division of Emerson Process Management
- MassTracker Insertion Turbine Mass Flow Meter, Spirax Sarco Inc.
Process sensors - other
- SILAlarm from exida.com LLC
- Remote Universal Safety I/O from Honeywell Process Solutions
- Simatic Safety Matrix Version 6.2 from Siemens Industry Inc.
- EL6900 Safety PLC Terminal from Beckhoff Automation
- Allen-Bradley Compact GuardLogix PAC from Rockwell Automation from Rockwell Automation
- Siemens Simatic ET 200pro Fail Safe Controller from Siemens Industry Inc.
Hardware - Handheld testing, calibration
- Fluke 365 Detachable Jaw True-rms AC/DC Clamp Meter from Fluke Corporation
- DPI 620 IS from GE Measurement & Control Solutions
Hardware - HMI, operator interface, displays
- C-more Micro 6-inch TFT Touch Panel from AutomationDirect
- Control Panels and Panel PCs from Beckhoff Automation
- Allen-Bradley PanelView Plus 6 HMI terminal from Rockwell Automation
Hardware - industrial PCs
- C6930 Industrial PC from Beckhoff Automation
- V2426 Series from Moxa Americas
- Allen-Bradley Extreme Environment Panel PC from Rockwell Automation
- Stealth Ultra Compact Industrial PC from Stealth.com Inc.
Hardware HMI - bar code and ID readers
Software - application software
- Proficy Workflow from GE Intelligent Platforms
- ISaGRAF 6 from ISaGRAF
- FactoryTalk AssetCentre from Rockwell Automation
- FactoryTalk Historian Site Edition from Rockwell Automation
Software - connectivity, integration software
- KEPServerEX v5 from Kepware Technologies
- FactoryTalk Transaction Manager from Rockwell Automation
- FactoryTalk Historian Machine Edition from Rockwell Automation
- FactoryTalk VantagePoint EMI from Rockwell Automation
Software - design, simulation, diagnostics
- SolidWorks 2011, Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corp.
- MapleSim 4 from Maplesoft
- Brad NetAlytix from Molex Incorporated
Software - HMI software
- Monitouch V-SFT from Fuji Electric Corp. of America
- Genesis64 from Iconics
- InduSoft Web Studio v7.0 from InduSoft Inc.
- ProSoft i-View from ProSoft Technology Inc.
- FactoryTalk View Machine Edition (ME) from Rockwell Automation
- FactoryTalk View Site Edition from Rockwell Automation
- FactoryTalk ViewPoint from Rockwell Automation
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Plant Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.
Annual Salary Survey
In a year when manufacturing continued to lead the economic rebound, it makes sense that plant manager bonuses rebounded. Plant Engineering’s annual Salary Survey shows both wages and bonuses rose in 2012 after a retreat the year before.
Average salary across all job titles for plant floor management rose 3.5% to $95,446, and bonus compensation jumped to $15,162, a 4.2% increase from the 2010 level and double the 2011 total, which showed a sharp drop in bonus.