Autodesk announces nine updates to its building industry products
Autodesk Subscription Advantage Packs are now available
The Autodesk Subscription Advantage Packs feature an array of enhancements and performance improvements to the 2010 line of architecture, engineering, and construction software. The products include:
• Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010
• Autodesk Revit MEP 2010
• Autodesk Revit Structure 2010
• AutoCAD Architecture 2010
• AutoCAD MEP 2010
• AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010
• AutoCAD Civil 2010
• AutoCAD Map 3D 2010
• Autodesk Navisworks 2010 software
Some of the enhancements are outlined below:
• Revit Architecture 2010, Revit MEP 2010 and Revit Structure 2010 Subscription Advantage Packs help improve productivity and extend capabilities in key areas, including modeling, coordination, and documentation. In addition:
o Autodesk Revit Model Review plug-in automates the process of reviewing and auditing Revit platform-based BIM projects to validate the accuracy and consistency of models created with a Revit platform application against predetermined standards.
o Autodesk Revit DB link imports and exports data between a Revit platform project and an external database to more easily maintain relationships among linked data.
o Autodesk ImageModeler 2009 makes it faster and more cost-effective to perform energy-efficiency analysis for renovation and retrofit projects by creating 3D models of existing buildings from 2D digital photographs.
• AutoCAD Architecture 2010 Subscription Advantage Pack offers new renovation-specific tools to help users create renovation plans with correct representation of existing, new, and demolition plans. Create custom columns and column grids, and place doors and windows with greater speed and precision using new functionality offered in the Productivity Extension 2010.
• AutoCAD MEP 2010 Subscription Advantage Pack includes new capability to connect complex duct layouts with the Duct Transition Extension 2010. New duct transition tools help users connect parallel duct segments of different sizes and elevations.
• AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 Subscription Advantage Pack offers new functionality for importing and visualizing point clouds and designing roundabouts, and powerful enhancements that can help streamline existing workflows. View two videos posted to the Autodesk YouTube channel highlighting the Point Cloud and Roundabout features:
Point Cloud: Video 1
Roundabout: Video 2
• AutoCAD Civil 2010 Subscription Advantage Pack enhancements help users more quickly lay out roundabouts, including signage and striping, based on common design standards.
• AutoCAD Map 3D 2010 Subscription Advantage Pack offers new functionality for using and visualizing point clouds, further extending the software's capabilities. This Subscription Advantage Pack also includes three new tutorials.
• Autodesk Navisworks 2010 Subscription Advantage Pack offers support for the Autodesk FBX file format, improving interoperability between Navisworks 2010 and a range of other Autodesk products, including Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, and Autodesk Softimage software. The distributable NWC Export Utility enables Navisworks 2010 project teams to generate whole-project models for simulation and analysis.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey