ASPE inducts fellows
The American Society of Plumbing Engineers inducted new fellows as its annual meeting.
At its 2008 Convention in Long Beach, Calif., the American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) inaugurated the Kenneth G. Wentink College of Fellows and inducted the first 20 Fellows. These 20 plumbing industry professionals and ASPE members of established reputation have made significant, sustained contributions to the plumbing engineering and design profession, the society, and/or the plumbing industry in the areas of contracting and manufacturing.
The first 20 Fellows are:
* Julius Ballanco, PE, CPD, FASPE, JB Engineering
* Estaban Cabello, PE, FASPE, JRED Engineering Inc.
* Russell Calderwood, CPD, FASPE, Cosentini & Associates Inc.
* David Dexter, CPD, LED AP, FASPE, Korda/Nemeth Engineering Inc.
* Donald Dickerson, PE, CPD, FASPE
* Phil French, PE, CPD, FASPE
* Frank Heine, CPD, FASPE, The Thomas Group
* Robert Herr, CPD, CET, FASPE, Buffalo Engineering
* Pete Johnson, CPD, FASPE
* Cal Laws, PE, CPD, FASPE, Laws and Associates
* Gary Mahoney, CPD, FASPE, TLC Engineering for Architecture
* Jerry McDanal, CPD, CET, FASPE, JR Smith
* William O'Donnell, FASPE, PWI Engineering
* Mike Olson, CPD, FASPE, Pearson Engineering Associates
* Edward Saltzberg, CPD, FASPE, Edward Saltzberg & Assoc.
* Donald Sampler Sr., PE, FASPE
* Joe Scott II, CPD, FASPE, Cannon Design
* Anthony Stutes, PE, CPD, FASPE
* Frank Teebagy, PE, CPD, Cosentini and Associates
* Pat Whitworth, CPD, FASPE, DTI Architects and Engineers
Up to 20 new Fellows will be inducted at each biennial ASPE Convention. Fellows are voted on by a Fellows Selection Committee and are eligible to use the designation Fellow-ASPE (FASPE) after their name.
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Plant Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.
Annual Salary Survey
In a year when manufacturing continued to lead the economic rebound, it makes sense that plant manager bonuses rebounded. Plant Engineering’s annual Salary Survey shows both wages and bonuses rose in 2012 after a retreat the year before.
Average salary across all job titles for plant floor management rose 3.5% to $95,446, and bonus compensation jumped to $15,162, a 4.2% increase from the 2010 level and double the 2011 total, which showed a sharp drop in bonus.