Alpha Wire adds reliability to material handling
Premium wire and cable solutions help provide continuous uptime, lowering costs, and increasing productivity, says Alpha Wire. See photo.
Recognizing the cost and inefficiency of downtime, Alpha Wire has developed a new set of premium wire and cable solutions specific to the material handling industry. Proper wire and cable selection is paramount for material handling systems to maintain robust connectivity and maximum signal integrity. Alpha Wire's material handling-specific offering alleviates the concerns of EMI protection, hazardous fluid defense, and the stresses of continuous flexing, the company says.
"Our material handling products ensure that your cable components will enhance performance and reliability in your equipment," said Mike Dugar, senior marketing communications manager at Alpha Wire. "Plus, we offer wire, cable, and wire management accessories for any material handling application with the shortest lead times in the industry," he adds.
Alpha Wire's portfolio for material handling includes the following establishes products:
- Series V VFD cable for variable-frequency drives, particularly designed for extended duty cycle and performs best where low capacitance and improved signal transmission are required;
- Series SF Flexible Servo cable designed specifically for multi-axis control, resolver and encoder feedback, dynamic braking, and high-flex applications;
- Industrial Automation cable provides high-speed connectivity solutions, plug-and-play modularity, and high-level signal integrity to common automation systems;
- Alpha Wire Xtra-Guard Flex cable has a long cycle life in high-speed flexing and multi-axis torsional flexing, making it ideal for pick-and-place robotics where exceptional EMI protection is needed; and
- Industrial Series M, F, and P cable for factory equipment control systems and tray-rated applications.
Also read from Control Engineering :
- VFD cables are strong, round ;
- Cables and Connectors ; and
- More tasks need more versatile, varied wire, cable types .
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, editor in chief, Control Engineering , www.controleng.com.
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Plant Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.
2012 Salary Survey
In a year when manufacturing continued to lead the economic rebound, it makes sense that plant manager bonuses rebounded. Plant Engineering’s annual Salary Survey shows both wages and bonuses rose in 2012 after a retreat the year before.
Average salary across all job titles for plant floor management rose 3.5% to $95,446, and bonus compensation jumped to $15,162, a 4.2% increase from the 2010 level and double the 2011 total, which showed a sharp drop in bonus.