AIA introduces five new documents
New documents based on concepts and model language included in the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Guide for Sustainable Projects.
The American Institute of Architects (AIA) has introduced five new documents that are based on and incorporate ideas and concepts from the AIA's Guide for Sustainable Projects. The purpose of the new documents is to address roles, risks, and opportunities encountered on sustainable design and construction projects.
The new documents include:
1. A101-2007 SP, Standard Form of Agreement between Owner and Contractor, for use on a Sustainable Project where the basis of payment is a Stipulated Sum
2. B101-2007 SP, Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Architect, for use on a Sustainable Project
3. A201-2007 SP, General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, for use on a Sustainable Project
4. C401-2007 SP, Standard Form of Agreement Between Architect and Consultant, for use on a Sustainable Project
5. A401-2007 SP, Standard Form of Agreement Between Contractor and Subcontractor, for use on a Sustainable Project
The guide itself, which is available for free download, has been downloaded 4,000 times since its inaugural release in May 2011.
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Consulting-Specifying Engineer, www.csemag.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
After almost a decade of uncertainty, the confidence of plant floor managers is soaring. Even with a number of challenges and while implementing new technologies, there is a renewed sense of optimism among plant managers about their business and their future.
The respondents to the 2014 Plant Engineering Salary Survey come from throughout the U.S. and serve a variety of industries, but they are uniform in their optimism about manufacturing. This year’s survey found 79% consider manufacturing a secure career. That’s up from 75% in 2013 and significantly higher than the 63% figure when Plant Engineering first started asking that question a decade ago.