3-phase switch mode power supplies
Carlo Gavazzi expanded its line of three-phase power supplies with the SPD Series 3-Phase Switch-Mode Power Supplies, in 120 W, 240 W, 480 W, and 960 W outputs, with an adjustable 24 V dc output voltage.
Carlo Gavazzi expanded its line of three-phase power supplies with the SPD Series 3-Phase Switch-Mode Power Supplies, in 120, 240, 480 and 960 Watt outputs, with an adjustable 24 V dc output voltage.
Carlo Gavazzi introduced an expanded line of three-phase power supplies. The SPD Series 3-Phase Switch-Mode Power Supplies are offered in 120, 240, 480 and 960 Watt outputs, with an adjustable 24 V dc output voltage. Besides the 24 V dc output type, some models offer the option of a 12 or 48 V dc output. The power supplies provide up to 93% efficiency, and offer a wide input voltage range of 340– 575 V ac and 480 – 820 V dc. The power supplies also install quickly by snapping them onto DIN rail.
Power factor correction is standard on all models, and parallel connection is standard on most models, other than the 120 W type. Outputs are protected against short circuits, overvoltage, and overload conditions. LEDs provide, and annunciate, onboard diagnostics and power source “ON,” while the power ready output relay signals the presence, or lack of proper 24 V dc output power. Carlo Gavazzi SPD Three Phase Power Supplies may be used with Single or Bi-Phase input power sources, in such instances there is a modest derating of the output power.
• Available in 120 W, 240 W, 480 W and 960 W;
• Input range of 340–575 V ac and 480–820 V dc;
• 24 V dc output, with 12 or 48 V on some types;
• Up to 93% efficiency;
• Capable of being powered by single and bi-phase input voltage;
• Output voltage adjustable via potentiometer;
• Two year warranty;
• Power factor correction standard.
• Parallel connection standard 240 W, 480 W, and 960 W;
• Simple, secure DIN rail installation;
• 960W offered with current sharing that automatically shifts power between paralleled power supplies to meet demand requirements;
• Power “ON” and “READY” LEDs; and
• Power ready relay contacts signal presence or lack of nominal 24 V dc output power.
The SPD Three Phase Power Supplies are cULus listed, and carry the TUV, CE and RoHS marks
– Edited by Mark T. Hoske , editor in chief
Control Engineering News Desk
Register for free topical eNewsletters on automation, controls, and instrumentation .
Annual Salary Survey
After almost a decade of uncertainty, the confidence of plant floor managers is soaring. Even with a number of challenges and while implementing new technologies, there is a renewed sense of optimism among plant managers about their business and their future.
The respondents to the 2014 Plant Engineering Salary Survey come from throughout the U.S. and serve a variety of industries, but they are uniform in their optimism about manufacturing. This year’s survey found 79% consider manufacturing a secure career. That’s up from 75% in 2013 and significantly higher than the 63% figure when Plant Engineering first started asking that question a decade ago.