ProSoft Technology expands with WRC DeviceNet products
In a recent agreement with Western Reserve Controls (WRC), ProSoft Technology will assume exclusive sales rights and support services for all WRC DeviceNet communication products, including DeviceNet protocol gateways and network extenders/repeaters for DeviceNet, SDS (Smart Distributed System), J1939, CAN-open, and other CAN, V2.0, Part A or Part B serial bus systems.
ProSoft Technology Inc., an industrial communication company, added DeviceNet solutions to its portfolio of network connectivity products. In a new strategic alliance with Western Reserve Controls, Inc. (WRC), ProSoft Technology will assume exclusive sales rights and support services for the company’s field-proven DeviceNet communication solutions. These products include DeviceNet protocol gateways and a series of network extenders/repeaters for DeviceNet, SDS (Smart Distributed System), J1939, CAN-open and other CAN, V2.0, Part A or Part B serial bus systems.
With support of the new DeviceNet protocol gateways, ProSoft Technology offers a solution to integrate ASCII devices, Modbus devices, and legacy Opto 22 units into a DeviceNet control system. The following connectivities are now available:
• The DeviceNet-to-serial gateways (single or four port) provide integration of ASCII devices (RS232 or RS485 ports) into a DeviceNet network.
• The DeviceNet-to-Modbus gateways provide a method for integrating Modbus devices with a DeviceNet network.
• The DeviceNet-to-Optomux gateways provide an interface between DeviceNet and Opto 22 Optomux B1 and B2 brainboards. Optomux is a serial ASCII protocol for Optomux units with message checksum for security.
• The DeviceNet-to-Pamux gateways enable Opto 22 Pamux B4 and B5 brainboards to be integrated into a DeviceNet network.
Extenders provide a cost-effective solution for increasing network length to reach devices in remote locations. The extenders also provide electrical isolation between the two networks, enabling different topologies to reside on the same network, and creating an electrical barrier for high voltage applications. Fiber Optic Extenders are available to guard against Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) in environments with high noise levels. No configuration of parameters is required.
The WRC DeviceNet products are approved by the Rockwell Automation Partner Program, and effective September 1, 2011, has been available exclusively through ProSoft Technology’s more than 500 distributors globally. The products will be supported by ProSoft Technology’s industry leading technical support services for the life of the product.
ProSoft Technology was among Pack Expo Las Vegas 2011 exhibitors last week.
- Edited by Mark T. Hoske, CFE Media, Control Engineering, Plant Engineering
See the Iindustrial Network Channel.