ARC FLASH UNIVERSITY 2011, SESSION THREE: Document the Steps to Electrical Safety
Electrical safety and compliance means ensuring your plant workers have all the knowledge they need to create a safe work environment that meets both electrical standards and regulatory compliance. The Webcast will provide practical ways to give plant managers and safety managers the necessary background documentation to make sure that safety always comes first in your business units.
Mike Doherty of the Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA) will lead the Webcast, taking a deeper dive into electrical safety standards such as NFPA 70E / CSA Z462, with a particular focus on training and qualification standards. Health & Safety Managed Systems (ANSI Z10 & CSA Z1000) principles will also be discussed.
- The NFPA 70E / CSA Z462 Standards
- ANSI Z10 / CSA Z1000 principles
- Comprehensive Safe Electrical Work Planning
- Job Planning Folders & principles
- Electrical Hazard identification and quantification
- Strategies for risk mitigation
- The importance of documentation, observation, and coaching programs and corrective action plans and more.
- Mike Doherty, Health & Safety Consultant - Training & Evaluation, Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA)
- Bob Vavra, Content Manager & Moderator, Plant Engineering
Sponsored By: IRISS, Schneider Electric, UE Systems