2016 Global Automation and Manufacturing Summit
Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 | McCormick Place | Chicago, IL
The fourth industrial revolution is in full swing, bringing about swift changes to the manufacturing environment. The Internet of Things is setting new standards but at the same time creating new problems to solve. Hear from experts on adapting to this new age of industry and participate in panel discussions that will provide insight on topics such as robotics, big data, and cloud-based manufacturing.
Join Control Engineering, Plant Engineering and Hannover Fairs USA for the Global Automation and Manufacturing Summit, part of the Industrial Automation North America (IANA) pavilion at the 2016 IMTS Show at McCormick Place in Chicago. This one-day summit is designed to bring plant managers, control engineers, and manufacturing business leaders together to highlight plant improvement opportunities and deliver strategies that manufacturing personnel can take back to their plants and implement immediately. Event sponsored by: Beckhoff, Advanced Technology Services, Inc. and FORCAM.
2016 Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit Agenda
11:00pm – 12:00pm: Registration
12:00pm – 1:15pm: Lunch and Keynote
Sponsored by: Advanced Technology Services, Inc.
- Jack Nehlig, president and CEO of Phoenix Contact USA, will discuss his company’s initiatives on the Industrial Internet of Things, both as an industry supplier and as a manufacturer.
1:30pm – 2:30pm: Cloud-based manufacturing: Setting the standard
- An overview of industry attitudes toward and adoption of IIoT in manufacturing, followed by a panel discussion with representatives from GE, Schneider Electric and others on how those standards will be achieved.
2:30pm – 3:30pm: Robotics: Rise of the Machines
- An industry overview on the adoption and use of robotics in manufacturing will be provided by Mike Jacobs, chairman of the board of the Robotics Institute of America (RIA), followed by a panel discussion led by Rick VandenBoom of Applied Manufacturing Technologies.
3:30pm – 4:30pm: How maintenance and Big Data can co-exist
- Sal Speda of ARC Advisory Group will provide the framework for the panel discussion on maintenance in the age of IIoT, which will include Franz Gruber, founder and CEO of FORCAM and Aurelio Banda, president and CEO for North America of Beckhoff Automation.
4:30pm – 6:30pm: Reception and networking event
Sponsored by: FORCAM
For more information please visit:
Vew the 2014 Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit on-demand
The convergence of manufacturing, technology, automation and information is driving a new way of analyzing and understanding what’s happening on the plant floor. Today, manufacturing takes place in real time, and the tools you need to improve productivity, safety and reliability have changed, and continue to change almost daily.
The 2014 Global Automation and Manufacturing Summit, presented by Control Engineering and Plant Engineering, in partnership with Hannover Fairs USA, delivered a day of content and information focused on how manufacturers are using these tools and strategies today to affect change in their own plants.
Sponsored by Molex, SAP, and iQagent the 2014 Global Automation and Manufacturing Summit took place Wednesday, Sept. 10 as part of the Industrial Automation North America (IANA) pavilion at the 2014 IMTS Show at McCormick Place in Chicago.
2014 Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit Agenda
- Breakfast Keynote: Karen Kurek, McGladrey LLC: Manufacturing Monitor Report
- Tim Jager, DMC: How to get the most out of your system integrator
- Eric Scott, Molex: The role of industrial networks in energy usage
- Luncheon Keynote: Mick Wilz, Sur-Seal: The building blocks of manufacturing excellence
- Matt Puskala, DMC: Industrial automation and modern connectivity
- Dr. Bill King, DMDII: Advanced manufacturing in Chicago
View the 2012 Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit on-demand
With the landscape of manufacturing changing on a continuing basis, information is needed on the best ways to adapt to those changes. The Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit provided strategic knowledge to attendees looking to get ahead on some of the most important issues in manufacturing.
Sponsored by Beckhoff, Molex, and SAP, the inaugural Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit took place Sept. 12-13, 2012 as part of the Industrial Automation North America (IANA) event at IMTS 2012 at McCormick Place in Chicago. The IANA event was presented by CFE Media and Hannover Messe.
Watch the three keynote presentations and six educational sessions from industry experts.