2015 Engineering Leaders Under 40
The 2015 Engineering Leaders Under 40 are a dedicated group of engineers that give hope to the future of manufacturing.
Amanda Pelliccione, Project Manager and Director of Research
With the future of manufacturing heavily relying on the younger workforce, Control Engineering and Plant Engineering are honored to present the 2015 Engineering Leaders Under 40. These 30 individuals are involved in a variety of industries and responsibilities that force them to sharpen their multi-tasking and management skills daily.
The majority—70%—serve the engineering and system integration (SI) sectors, while instrumentation and measurement (57%), consulting (50%), and food, beverage, and tobacco (50%) round out the top four segments in which they are involved.
Here is a quick look at this year’s Leaders:
- Education: 90% of the Leaders have earned their bachelor’s degrees, 20% master’s degrees, and 7% associate’s degrees.
- Job function: 23% are primarily involved in SI roles, 17% control engineering, 10% general/corporate management, 10% consulting, 7% product design, 7% manufacturing engineering, and 6% plant management/engineering.
- SI or engineering services: 79% provide SI or engineering services to manufacturing organizations.
- Products or systems: The top five products or systems purchased or specified by this year’s Leaders are industrial control equipment or systems (57%), software (53%), I/O products or systems (53%), instrumentation (53%), and programmable logic controllers (53%).
- Machines for resale: 37% design, build, or install machines for resale to other companies; 47% design, build, or install machines for use within their companies.
The 2015 Engineering Leaders Under 40 are featured below (see interactive photo wall) and in the September 2015 issues of Control Engineering and Plant Engineering, and will be honored at the 2016 Engineering Awards in Manufacturing dinner hosted by Control Engineering and Plant Engineering on Monday, March 21, 2016, in downtown Chicago. For information on how to nominate for 2016, visit www.controleng.com/EngineeringLeaders.