Upgrades to circuit breaker combination starters
Schneider Electric has upgraded its range of Square D Circuit Breaker Combination Starters to include energy efficient, longer lasting LED pilot lights, enhanced door seals, and PowerPact eMCP circuit breakers.
Schneider Electric has announced major upgrades to its range of its Square D Circuit Breaker Combination Starters. Square D, the reported original inventor of combination starters in the early 1930s, is now offering NEMA Combination Starters that include energy efficient, longer lasting LED pilot lights, enhanced door seals and the most noteworthy upgrade—PowerPact eMCP circuit breakers, which improves product flexibility and safety by providing higher short-circuit current protection.
The new combination starters fit numerous commercial building applications including office buildings, construction and industrial markets. Key features and benefits of the upgraded combination starters include:
- PowerPact eMCP circuit breakers: Features built-in quality that protects higher amp flow and offers greater in-field flexibility. Includes longer-lasting, energy efficient 30 mm LED pilot lights, and specially designed, pliable “foam-in-place” cabinet seals that protect from harmful outside elements providing a secure seal each time it’s closed.
- Flexible Fit: Accommodates standard 9070TF control power transformers allowing for a wide range of fits and easier modifications. NEMA size 0-5 Combination Starters use only 5 eMCP frames to meet many applications.
- Easy Access and Protection: Streamlined installation, wiring, maintenance and field modifications with convenient door-mounted pilot devices. eMCP dials can be set to comply with NEC 430.52 allowing users to handle transient inrushes without tripping.
- Redesigned Operating Mechanism and Disconnect Switch: Enables facility managers to operate smarter with the capability to reset the overload without special tools. Also, the sturdy construction of the non-removable door helps ensure a safer, more secure starter.
For more information on the Square D by Schneider Electric Combination Starters, visit www.schneider-electric.us/go/ComboStarters
- Edited by Amanda McLeman, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey