Universal, fast-transfer AC power systems
High-Lites introduced its new PFT Series of universal, fast-transfer ac inverter systems. PFT systems were designed to accommodate small- to medium-sized projects requiring emergency power back-up to ac power loads or illumination sources including incandescent, fluorescent, LED, or HID. Unlike ballast packs, the PFT Series provides highly reliable emergency power sine wave output to any connected load or fixture without compatibility concerns. Three unique models are available allowing the PFT to be specified for any small or mid-sized application up to 600 W.
The device features:
- PWM design – Digitally controlled sinusoidal waveform assures fast, smooth and reliable transfer to emergency power
- Worry-free operation of all AC loads including Incandescent, fluorescent, LED and HID lighting eliminating the compatibility concerns of other back-up systems
- 100% compatibility with generators and dimmer systems
- Designed for fast, easy wall mounting, PFT systems may be installed next to connected loads, or hundreds of feet away
- Three PFT models with unique Watts to VA ratio rating are designed especially to handle today’s small HID lamps – 300Watts/330VA; 400Watts/660VA, and 600Watts/660 VA
Annual Salary Survey
After almost a decade of uncertainty, the confidence of plant floor managers is soaring. Even with a number of challenges and while implementing new technologies, there is a renewed sense of optimism among plant managers about their business and their future.
The respondents to the 2014 Plant Engineering Salary Survey come from throughout the U.S. and serve a variety of industries, but they are uniform in their optimism about manufacturing. This year’s survey found 79% consider manufacturing a secure career. That’s up from 75% in 2013 and significantly higher than the 63% figure when Plant Engineering first started asking that question a decade ago.