All the electrical industry buzzwords—system coordination, selectivity, reliability, arc flash protection—are addressed with GE’s trip unit.
Now offered in GE Spectra SG600 and SK1200 circuit breakers, and backwards compatible with existing Spectra MicroVersa Trip breakers, GE’s microEntelliGuard trip unit delivers:
- Flexible time-current curve shaping in the industry for system coordination
- Instantaneous ZSI (Zone Selective Interlocking) for selectivity
- Waveform capture and event log for reliability
- Reduced energy let-through (RELT) for arc flash protection.
The trip unit also features:
- An HMI (human machine interface) based on the same platform as the trip units that provides a backlit LCD display with five-button tactile keypad and LED status to show the “health” of trip unit
- Fully adjustable time-current curves with multiple curve shapes, slopes, and delay bands
- Ground Fault Trip or Alarm with multiple slopes for system coordination
- Current metering is a standard feature, with options for power, energy and reactive power metering and waveform capture
- Event Log with date/time stamp to record the last 10 events
- Test set jack for GTUTK20 test kit
- Modbus communications system with user-selectable address assignment for communication directly with building-power management systems.
Specification engineers are available to assist end-users and consulting engineers with system design to fully optimize the capabilities of the microEntelliGuard trip unit.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey