Real-time processing platform
The Xcelera-CL VX4 and Sapera APF use a field-programmable gate array (FPGA) based vision processor for real-time image processing applications
Teledyne DALSA introduced their next-generation user programmable real-time image processing platform. The Xcelera-CL VX4 and Sapera APF deliver a powerful FPGA (field-programmable gate array) based vision processor and integrated graphical FPGA development environment. This user programmable FPGA technology enables users to adopt vision processors for a variety of high speed, computing intensive, real-time image processing applications.
A PCI Express (PCIe) x4 based platform, the Xcelera-CL VX4 features powerful user programmable embedded processing architecture for real time high performance machine vision applications. The Xcelera-CL VX4 combines field proven image acquisition with onboard processing capabilities. The Xcelera-CL VX4 boards support a wide variety of cameras, including multi-tap area and line scan cameras, color and monochrome models, including 8-bit 10-tap configurations, and are compatible with Base, Medium or Full Camera Link cameras.
Sapera APF is an integrated graphical FPGA development environment. Sapera APF simplifies traditional FPGA development processes by combining a point and click graphical interface with FPGA based image processing libraries. Sapera APF comes bundled with a bit accurate software version of the FPGA library functions for rapid functional simulation but also automatically generates necessary infrastructure to call user functions using Sapera SDK. This powerful, yet easy to use FPGA development environment allows users to create, debug, and deploy FPGA code without ever leaving the development GUI.
Features and Benefits of the Xcelera VX4: Next Generation real-time FPGA Image Processing Platform
- Real-time FPGA based hardware processing
- Fully supported by Sapera APF, an integrated graphical FPGA development environment
- Half-length PCI Express x4 Board
- Acquires images from one Base, Medium or Full Camera Link camera
- Extended feature set supports advanced Camera Link pixel/tap configurations
- Windows XP and Windows 7 (32/64-bit) compatible
Key Features and Benefits of Sapera APF: Graphical FPGA Development Environment for Software and Hardware Engineers
- Point and Click programming environment
- Over 150 imaging functions in FPGA-based embedded image processing libraries
- Design simple, single pass or complex iterative algorithms
- High level behavioral simulation
- Verify designs to cut down development time
- Fully automated design process interfaces to Sapera LT
- Supports Xilinx Virtex 5 family
Teledyne DALSA, Inc.
- Edited by Chris Vavra, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey