POY Finalist: Portable fan
Finalist in HVAC in Plant Engineering’s 2011 Product of the Year competition
The Yellow Jacket is a portable fan that takes abuse and stays in use. This fan is designed for incredible flexibility and quiet operation, as well as durability.
- heavy-gauge steel carriage engineered to withstand harsh environments;
- Powerfoil-inspired blades for maximum efficiency and airflow coverage;
- acoustically designed fan, motor, and carriage for quiet operation;
- oversized wheels and ergonomic handle for superior maneuverability;
- multiple speeds and an easily operated locking position mechanism;
- high-efficiency design to cut energy use by over 50%; and
- optional ceiling, wall, or multiple floor mounts.
Big Ass Fan Co.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
After almost a decade of uncertainty, the confidence of plant floor managers is soaring. Even with a number of challenges and while implementing new technologies, there is a renewed sense of optimism among plant managers about their business and their future.
The respondents to the 2014 Plant Engineering Salary Survey come from throughout the U.S. and serve a variety of industries, but they are uniform in their optimism about manufacturing. This year’s survey found 79% consider manufacturing a secure career. That’s up from 75% in 2013 and significantly higher than the 63% figure when Plant Engineering first started asking that question a decade ago.