POY Finalist: Portable fan
Finalist in HVAC in Plant Engineering’s 2011 Product of the Year competition
The Yellow Jacket is a portable fan that takes abuse and stays in use. This fan is designed for incredible flexibility and quiet operation, as well as durability.
- heavy-gauge steel carriage engineered to withstand harsh environments;
- Powerfoil-inspired blades for maximum efficiency and airflow coverage;
- acoustically designed fan, motor, and carriage for quiet operation;
- oversized wheels and ergonomic handle for superior maneuverability;
- multiple speeds and an easily operated locking position mechanism;
- high-efficiency design to cut energy use by over 50%; and
- optional ceiling, wall, or multiple floor mounts.
Big Ass Fan Co.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey