Operator training package for debutanizers
Mynah releases MiMiC Debutanizer package to create a high-fidelity operator training system for distillation columns.
Mynah Technologies has released its MiMiC Debutanizer Operator Training Package that provides a complete environment for teaching safe and effective operations of distillation columns. It is also an effective tool for teaching process and automation engineers the use and design of process controls for distillation towers. This package uses MiMiC Distillation Advanced Modeling Objects for dynamic, accurate process responses.
Key features include:
• Preconfigured and tested high-fidelity dynamic model of a working debutanizer column
• Process control configurations in MiMiC models and Component Studio graphics, as well as DeltaV Simulate modules and DeltaV Operate graphics
• MiMiC Component Studio instructor station graphics
• 13 prebuilt training scenarios covering instrument failures, feed upsets, atmospheric changes, and process failures
• Process snapshots for full production, production at 33%, and column total reflux, and
• Full MiMiC software license for customization of user requirements or as a starting point for customer operator training systems.
“Distillation is the most critical and complex unit operation in many process plants. This package is a cost-effective entry point for training plant operators on the safe and effective operation and control of distillation columns,” said Mart Berutti, president and COO of Mynah Technologies. “Unlike other packaged simulators, the models can work with any control system and can be customized to perform like any installed column.”
Edited by Peter Welander, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey