Energy efficiency calculator
Active Power Offers Online Energy Efficiency Calculator
Active Power has introduced an online energy efficiency calculator to help organizations understand their opportunity to reduce electricity consumption and energy costs by using Active Power’s high-efficiency, flywheel-based UPS system to protect data center operations. Operators can quickly compare energy and kWh savings with Active Power’s CleanSource UPS system versus conventional battery technology.
Key features of the efficiency calculator include:
• Interactive slider bars for users to select UPS system size (kW) and load most relevant for their facility
• Estimates of kWh and money savings along with conversions to other interesting "green" equivalents such as CO2 savings and number of homes powered with the energy savings from a CleanSource UPS deployment
• Lightweight dynamic design that provides estimate savings in seconds with just a few clicks
• Supports U.S. dollars, pounds, and Euros with other currencies forthcoming
• Results generated in easy to read printable PDF report.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
After almost a decade of uncertainty, the confidence of plant floor managers is soaring. Even with a number of challenges and while implementing new technologies, there is a renewed sense of optimism among plant managers about their business and their future.
The respondents to the 2014 Plant Engineering Salary Survey come from throughout the U.S. and serve a variety of industries, but they are uniform in their optimism about manufacturing. This year’s survey found 79% consider manufacturing a secure career. That’s up from 75% in 2013 and significantly higher than the 63% figure when Plant Engineering first started asking that question a decade ago.