Energy efficiency calculator
Active Power Offers Online Energy Efficiency Calculator
Active Power has introduced an online energy efficiency calculator to help organizations understand their opportunity to reduce electricity consumption and energy costs by using Active Power’s high-efficiency, flywheel-based UPS system to protect data center operations. Operators can quickly compare energy and kWh savings with Active Power’s CleanSource UPS system versus conventional battery technology.
Key features of the efficiency calculator include:
• Interactive slider bars for users to select UPS system size (kW) and load most relevant for their facility
• Estimates of kWh and money savings along with conversions to other interesting "green" equivalents such as CO2 savings and number of homes powered with the energy savings from a CleanSource UPS deployment
• Lightweight dynamic design that provides estimate savings in seconds with just a few clicks
• Supports U.S. dollars, pounds, and Euros with other currencies forthcoming
• Results generated in easy to read printable PDF report.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey