Control Engineering Engineers' Choice Awards
Link to all Control Engineering awards programs from this page; Engineers' Choice Award past winners, Leaders Under 40 recognition, Control Panel Design Tutorial video contest, System Integrator of the Year Awards, and Control Engineering Tips and Tricks.
Other Control Engineering Awards, recognition
- Get published! See Control Engineering - CFE Media (Content for Engineers) Contributor Guidelines.
Control Engineering Awards and Recognition page has more information about subscriber voting for Engineers' Choice Awards Finalists.
Below are the categories and links to prior winners of the Control Engineering Engineers' Choice Awards. These highlight some of the best new control, instrumentation and automation products as chosen by Control Engineering 's print and online subscribers. Survey respondents were asked to select products based on technological advancement, service to the industry, and market impact.
Winners of the Control Engineering Engineers' Choice Awards for 2010 are in the following categories (click into each to see winners):
- Process Control - Flowmeters; instrumentation and actuators; power monitoring; power protection; process sensors and transmitters; control systems, analysis, and process control; and process safety;
- Discrete Control - Machine safety, machine vision, PACs, and PLCs;
- Motion Control - Drives, motion control, and motors;
- Software - Application software; connectivity software; dashboard software - energy; dashboard software-general; design, simulation, diagnostics; and HMI software;
- Hardware - HMI hardware, industrial PCs, and integrated HMI-controller; and
- Network Integration - Data integration appliance, Ethernet hardware, I/O systems - wireless, network hardware, wireless I/O controllers, and wireless products - general.
For links to prior winners, scroll down.
Coming soon: 2013 Engineers' Choice Award CALL FOR ENTRIES, for automation products newly available in North America between December 2011 and November 2012.
Note : The date sequence of the awards was changed for 2010 so that the award year reflects the year in which the awards are announced, rather than the year in which the products were introduced (as has been the practice in the past). As such there are no "2009" award recipients.
2008 New Product Compendium
2008 Award Winners and Honorable Mentions
Earlier Editors' Choice and Engineers' Choice award winners
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
- Survey Prize Winners
- CFE Edu
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey