Control Engineering Engineers' Choice Awards
Link to all Control Engineering awards programs from this page; Engineers' Choice Award past winners, Leaders Under 40 recognition, Control Panel Design Tutorial video contest, System Integrator of the Year Awards, and Control Engineering Tips and Tricks.
Other Control Engineering Awards, recognition
- Get published! See Control Engineering - CFE Media (Content for Engineers) Contributor Guidelines.
Control Engineering Awards and Recognition page has more information about subscriber voting for Engineers' Choice Awards Finalists.
Below are the categories and links to prior winners of the Control Engineering Engineers' Choice Awards. These highlight some of the best new control, instrumentation and automation products as chosen by Control Engineering 's print and online subscribers. Survey respondents were asked to select products based on technological advancement, service to the industry, and market impact.
Winners of the Control Engineering Engineers' Choice Awards for 2010 are in the following categories (click into each to see winners):
- Process Control - Flowmeters; instrumentation and actuators; power monitoring; power protection; process sensors and transmitters; control systems, analysis, and process control; and process safety;
- Discrete Control - Machine safety, machine vision, PACs, and PLCs;
- Motion Control - Drives, motion control, and motors;
- Software - Application software; connectivity software; dashboard software - energy; dashboard software-general; design, simulation, diagnostics; and HMI software;
- Hardware - HMI hardware, industrial PCs, and integrated HMI-controller; and
- Network Integration - Data integration appliance, Ethernet hardware, I/O systems - wireless, network hardware, wireless I/O controllers, and wireless products - general.
For links to prior winners, scroll down.
Coming soon: 2013 Engineers' Choice Award CALL FOR ENTRIES, for automation products newly available in North America between December 2011 and November 2012.
Note : The date sequence of the awards was changed for 2010 so that the award year reflects the year in which the awards are announced, rather than the year in which the products were introduced (as has been the practice in the past). As such there are no "2009" award recipients.
2008 New Product Compendium
2008 Award Winners and Honorable Mentions
Earlier Editors' Choice and Engineers' Choice award winners
Case Study Database
Get more exposure for your case study by uploading it to the Plant Engineering case study database, where end-users can identify relevant solutions and explore what the experts are doing to effectively implement a variety of technology and productivity related projects.
These case studies provide examples of how knowledgeable solution providers have used technology, processes and people to create effective and successful implementations in real-world situations. Case studies can be completed by filling out a simple online form where you can outline the project title, abstract, and full story in 1500 words or less; upload photos, videos and a logo.
Click here to visit the Case Study Database and upload your case study.
2012 Salary Survey
In a year when manufacturing continued to lead the economic rebound, it makes sense that plant manager bonuses rebounded. Plant Engineering’s annual Salary Survey shows both wages and bonuses rose in 2012 after a retreat the year before.
Average salary across all job titles for plant floor management rose 3.5% to $95,446, and bonus compensation jumped to $15,162, a 4.2% increase from the 2010 level and double the 2011 total, which showed a sharp drop in bonus.