Battery Sizing and Configuration Program
A Web-based battery sizing and configuration program offers an advanced sizing engine with more configuration options for multiple applications.
EnerSys has introduced a Web-based battery sizing and configuration program (BSP) that offers an advanced sizing engine with more configuration options for multiple applications including switchgear, telecom, UPS, and solar applications. Unlike most sizing solutions available, this BSP also provides battery layout/configuration options.
BSP is now the official sizing engine for EnerSys. Because it is a Web-based application, BSP is designed to be constantly updated with the latest information that EnerSys clients need and the site will benefit from regular upgrades and new releases. Clients can access BSP 24/7 from anywhere in the globe using the Internet.
New reports that are available on BSP will save clients time and give them the answers they need to make educated decisions. The ability to save the reports for future references is helpful for planning. Some of the reports available include:
- Summary Margin Reports - show the user how well each EnerSys battery fits their requirements (shown in a percent value)
- Standard IEEE-485 Reports - show the sizing calculations for all applications except UPS
- UPS Sizing Reports - provide specifications based on IEEE with parameters that are made for UPS system requirements
- Rack and Cabinet Reports - provide the customer detailed information such as seismic zone, footprint, floor loading, spill containment and any selected optional rack/cabinet items
- Overall System Reports - provide a bill of material (BOM) of the entire battery system and provides a list of optional accessories for the battery type chosen
- Performance Reports - allow users to create custom battery performance literature for the time periods and voltages they want to see
The EnerSys BSP can be used to determine the best configuration options for racks, accessories and various room layouts for traditional flooded products and the DataSafe 12 V Top Terminal and 16 V Front Terminal HX batteries.
BSP works on multiple operating systems and it is optimized for Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0+. The program is best viewed on display sizes of 1024x768 pixels or larger. The BSP is currently available in four different languages.
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey