Automation Technologies take center stage at Automate 2011
Integration of automation, robotics, machine vision demos featured at Automate 2011 in Chicago, March 21-24, 2011.
Automate 2011 is the largest solutions-based showcase of automation technologies in North America, say show organizers. Formerly the International Robots, Vision & Motion Control Show which date back to 1977, Automate now demonstrates the full spectrum of automation technologies and solutions for a broad array of industries. The show is held once every two years.
Right at the front of Automate 2011, companies that provide integration of automation, robotics and machine vision will show actual demonstrations of systems. This will allow attendees to see live demos solving challenges they face in their industry, and also to learn from solutions used in other industries that may be beneficial to them. The rest of the show features the latest robotic, vision, motion control and automation technologies and systems on display from leading global suppliers.
A comprehensive educational conference accompanies the Automate show. Featuring a broad array of classes from beginner to advanced skill levels, the conference offers something for all attendees – they can take one class or four full days of training. Classes are taught by experienced industry professionals who understand the industry challenges our attendees face.
- New Product Showcase: Demonstrations of new technology and products take place throughout each day of the show right on the show floor in this theater. Attendees can simply drop into any session that interests them – free of charge.
- Certified Vision Professional Program: Part of the conference offering – attendees can take classes and an exam or just the exam (for those with experience) to become a Certified Vision Professional – Basic or Advanced level. This career building certification helps individuals demonstrate their skills and helps companies gain trust in their team’s abilities.
- 50 Years of Robotics: Automate 2011 celebrates the rich history of robotics with special displays right on the show floor!
- 42nd International Symposium on Robotics: Also part of our conference offering, this specialized conference comes to the United States only once every four years and features cutting edge robotics research.
- Co-location with ProMat: Your Automate 2011 badge also gets you into the ProMat Show located just across the corridor in the South Hall. ProMat is sponsored by MHIA and is North America’s premier material handling and logistics show.
- Gala Dinner & Awards Ceremony
- Automate Networking Dinner & Blues Bash
Automate 2011 is sponsored by the Automation Technologies Council and its trade associations Robotic Industries Association (RIA), Automated Imaging Association (AIA) and Motion Control Association (MCA)
- Edited by Gust Gianos, CFE Media, Control Engineering, www.controleng.com
- Events & Awards
- Magazine Archives
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Salary Survey
- Digital Reports
Annual Salary Survey
Before the calendar turned, 2016 already had the makings of a pivotal year for manufacturing, and for the world.
There were the big events for the year, including the United States as Partner Country at Hannover Messe in April and the 2016 International Manufacturing Technology Show in Chicago in September. There's also the matter of the U.S. presidential elections in November, which promise to shape policy in manufacturing for years to come.
But the year started with global economic turmoil, as a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing triggered a worldwide stock hiccup that sent values plummeting. The continued plunge in world oil prices has resulted in a slowdown in exploration and, by extension, the manufacture of exploration equipment.
Read more: 2015 Salary Survey