Product of the Year: Official rules
Official rules for entering and voting
ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED to 5 p.m. CST, Sept. 4, 2015
1. Entry form: All entries must be submitted using the official electronic entry form. All information requested on the entry form must be provided. An incomplete form or a form providing misleading or false information will result in disqualification.
2. Eligibility: Entries must meet all of the following criteria:
- Products must be available for purchase in the United States.
- Only products first available for purchase between Oct. 1, 2014, and Sept. 30, 2015, are eligible. Products previously available outside the U.S. and just being introduced to the U.S. market are NOT eligible.
- An authorized representative of the manufacturer must complete the entry form verifying all information.
- Entries must be submitted on behalf of the original manufacturer or sole supplier.
- If the entry is a new version of a previously available product, the entry must represent a major modification or redesign of the product. New versions of software must offer new capabilities and significant enhancements.
3. Limitation on entries: There is no limit on the number of products or categories a company, product group, division, or subsidiary may enter.
4. Supporting materials: Each entry form must be accompanied by the entry fee ($495 per product). An illustration or photo (suitable for publication, color preferred) of the product and printed supporting information about the product’s features, specifications, and application should also be included. Entry form, entry fee, and all supporting materials can be submitted as one package using the electronic entry form. Materials submitted separately from the entry form need to be emailed to Amanda Pelliccione, Project Manager, at apelliccione(at)cfemedia.com. No postal mailings will be accepted. Entry fee, submitted photos, and other materials will become the property of Plant Engineering.
5. Photos or other illustrations: Each entry must include one original, high-quality photo or other illustration suitable for magazine reproduction. Plant Engineering will not provide retouching or other image-enhancing services. Image files must be 300 dpi or higher; low-resolution jpg files are not acceptable.
6. Entry deadline: Entries must be completed and submitted by 5 p.m. CST on Sept. 4, 2015. In fairness to those entrants who make special efforts to meet this deadline, it cannot be extended. The electronic entry form will close at 5 p.m. CST on Sept. 4, 2015.
7. Judging: All judging will be supervised and coordinated by members of the Plant Engineering magazine editorial staff. Their decisions are final.
- The Plant Engineering staff will review the entries and select products as finalists in the competition.
- A brief description of each finalist product will be published in Plant Engineering magazine in November 2015.
- Winners will be determined by online ballot provided to readers via email and online.
- Only original ballots from current subscribers to Plant Engineering magazine will be accepted and tallied. Ballots will be verified prior to tallying. One subscriber, one vote.
- Voting is only open to qualified print and/or digital subscribers of Plant Engineering brand products (i.e. magazine, e-newsletters, etc.). Only one vote per subscriber will be counted towards the final tally. Employees of product manufacturers with a finalist in the 2015 program and their properties, agencies, vendors, and representatives are not eligible to vote, hence any votes received by these parties will not be counted toward the final tally.
- Winners will be notified by email. Other than announcement of winners, results of balloting will not be released.
8. Awards: A grand award will be presented for the product receiving the highest total number of votes. First, second, and third place awards will be presented for the products receiving the most votes in each of the product categories. A product may win only one award.
9. Entry fee: Entry fee is $495.00 per entry. Payments can be made electronically – upon submitting the entry form you will be redirected to Plant Engineering’s payment website. The entry fee MUST accompany the official entry form and other materials. Entry fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
10. Disqualification: Any entry or vote that, in the opinion of the judges or administrators, does not meet the letter or spirit of this contest may be disqualified. The following specifically will be grounds for disqualification:
- Entries that do not comply with all of these official rules.
- Entries that are incomplete.
- Entries that contain false or misleading information.
- Entries submitted on behalf of anyone other than the original manufacturer or sole supplier.
- Entries for products available for purchase prior to October 1, 2014.
- Votes submitted on behalf of the product's manufacturer or distributor(s).
11. Verification of product introductory date: Each entry must be accompanied by evidence verifying when the product was first available for purchase. Examples of such evidence might include, but are not limited to, a dated general press release announcing introduction of the product, sales and promotion materials clearly indicating time of product introduction, copies of internal correspondence indicating product introduction or sales/marketing plans,sworn statement from an officer of the company, etc. Failure to provide such evidence may result in disqualification of the entry.
5 p.m. CST, September 4, 2015