2016 Global Automation and Manufacturing Summit
Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 | McCormick Place | Chicago, IL
The 2016 Global Automation and Manufacturing Summit (GAMS), presented by CFE Media, will bring together experts from all areas of the Industrial Internet of Things (lloT) to look at not just the current state of lloT but also at the potential benefits of deployment for the manufacturing industry.
Join Control Engineering, Plant Engineering and Hannover Fairs USA for the Global Automation and Manufacturing Summit, part of the Industrial Automation North America (IANA) pavilion at the 2016 IMTS Show at McCormick Place in Chicago. This one-day summit is designed to bring plant managers, control engineers, and manufacturing business leaders together to highlight plant improvement opportunities and deliver strategies that manufacturing personnel can take back to their plants and implement immediately. Event sponsored by: Beckhoff, Advanced Technology Services, Inc., FORCAM, SAP and Radwell International, Inc.
2016 Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit Agenda
11:00am – 12:00pm: Registration
12:00pm – 12:30pm: Lunch and networking
Sponsored by: Advanced Technology Services, Inc.
12:30pm – 1:15pm: Keynote
- Jack Nehlig, President of Phoenix Contact USA and winner of the 2015 Plant Engineering Top Plant Award, will discuss his company’s initiatives on the Industrial Internet of Things (lloT), both as an industry supplier and as a manufacturer.
1:30pm – 2:30pm: Session 1: Cloud-Based Manufacturing: Who Will Rule the Clouds?
An overview of industry attitudes toward and adoption of lloT in manufacturing.
- Rob McGreevy, VP Operations, Schneider Electric
- Rich Carpenter, Product general manager, GE Automation and Controls
2:30pm – 3:30pm: Session 2: Robotics: Rise of the Machines
An industry overview on the adoption and use of robotics in manufacturing.
- Jose Rivera, CEO, Control System Integrators Association
- Rick Vanden Boom, automation systems group manager, Applied Manufacturing Technologies
- Michael Lindley, vice president, business development, Concept Systems Inc.
3:30pm – 3:45pm: Break
3:45pm – 5:00 pm: Session 3: How Maintenance and Big Data Can Coexist
- Sal Spada, analyst, ARC Advisory Group
- Franz Gruber, CEO, FORCAM
- Aurelio Banda, CEO, Beckhoff Automation North America
- Chris LeBeau, Global IT director, ATS
5:00pm – 6:30pm: Reception and networking event
Sponsored by: FORCAM
For more information please visit:
Vew the 2014 Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit on-demand
The convergence of manufacturing, technology, automation and information is driving a new way of analyzing and understanding what’s happening on the plant floor. Today, manufacturing takes place in real time, and the tools you need to improve productivity, safety and reliability have changed, and continue to change almost daily.
The 2014 Global Automation and Manufacturing Summit, presented by Control Engineering and Plant Engineering, in partnership with Hannover Fairs USA, delivered a day of content and information focused on how manufacturers are using these tools and strategies today to affect change in their own plants.
Sponsored by Molex, SAP, and iQagent the 2014 Global Automation and Manufacturing Summit took place Wednesday, Sept. 10 as part of the Industrial Automation North America (IANA) pavilion at the 2014 IMTS Show at McCormick Place in Chicago.
2014 Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit Agenda
- Breakfast Keynote: Karen Kurek, McGladrey LLC: Manufacturing Monitor Report
- Tim Jager, DMC: How to get the most out of your system integrator
- Eric Scott, Molex: The role of industrial networks in energy usage
- Luncheon Keynote: Mick Wilz, Sur-Seal: The building blocks of manufacturing excellence
- Matt Puskala, DMC: Industrial automation and modern connectivity
- Dr. Bill King, DMDII: Advanced manufacturing in Chicago
View the 2012 Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit on-demand
With the landscape of manufacturing changing on a continuing basis, information is needed on the best ways to adapt to those changes. The Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit provided strategic knowledge to attendees looking to get ahead on some of the most important issues in manufacturing.
Sponsored by Beckhoff, Molex, and SAP, the inaugural Global Automation & Manufacturing Summit took place Sept. 12-13, 2012 as part of the Industrial Automation North America (IANA) event at IMTS 2012 at McCormick Place in Chicago. The IANA event was presented by CFE Media and Hannover Messe.
Watch the three keynote presentations and six educational sessions from industry experts.