Applied Automation is the premier title serving manufacturing and utilities. Each issue demonstrates how automation, instrumentation and control techniques are applied to increase capacity, enhance design and production, improve efficiency, increase profitability and meet regulatory requirements.
In this month's issue
- Improving flowmeter calibration
- Selecting flowmeters for natural gas
- Case study: Streamlining assembly systems using PC-based control
- CLPM: Improving process efficiency, throughput
- Benefits of using a process historian
- Choosing the proper valve material
Applied Automation content
The need for high-availability computing in mission critical applications and the need to understand how variable frequency drives (VFDs) really work are becoming increasingly important for manufacturers.
Understanding how the programmable logic controller (PLC) has evolved and how it relates to more modern incarnations like the PAC as well as understanding servo system criteria will help a great deal on the plant floor.
When selecting a PLC or PAC, specify the controller that best fits the applications. The controller specified should be based on controller capabilities and the application requirements, such as machine control, motion control,...
Digital Edition Archives