Plant Engineering 2016 Top Plant program
Plant Engineering's Top Plant award program honors the outstanding manufacturing facilities in North America. The 2016 Top Plant Award will be featured in the December 2016 issue of Plant Engineering and will be formally honored at the 2017 Engineering Awards in Manufacturing dinner.
> > Nominate for 2016 Top Plant - Deadline: Sept. 2, 2016, 5 p.m. CT
First presented in 2004, Top Plant will honor up to five manufacturing plants in the 2016 program.
Beyond the recognition is an opportunity for manufacturers to conduct an internal audit of operations against the criteria in the Top Plant entry form. Entrants also can benchmark their plants’ performance against other entrants.
"Past entrants – even those who were not chosen for the award – have told us the most valuable part of the process has been the ability to quantify their operation against the Top Plant criteria," Vavra said. "This process allows manufacturers to take stock of their work, their metrics and their year-over-year improvements."
Past Top Plant winners
- Top Plant 2015: Phoenix Contact USA, Middletown, Pa.
- Click here to read the feature story about the 2015 Top Plant.
- Top Plant 2014: Mother Parkers RealCup, Mississauga, Ontario, and Victaulic, Eaton, Pa.
- Click here to read the feature stories about the 2014 Top Plants.
- Top Plant 2013: Lincoln Electric Co., Cleveland.
- Click here to read the feature story about the 2013 Top Plant.
- Top Plant 2012: Pfizer Global Supply, Kalamazoo, Mich., and Masco Cabinetry, Sayre, Pa.
- Click here to read the feature stories about the 2012 Top Plants and view the photo galleries.
- Top Plant 2011: NACCO Materials Handling Group, Berea, Ky.
- Top Plant 2010: Toyota Industrial Equipment Manufacturing, Columbus, Ind.
- Click here to read a feature story about the 2010 Top Plant.
- Top Plant 2009: Siemens Industry Inc., Norwood, Ohio
- Top Plant 2008: Square D, Columbia, Mo., and Quality Float Works, Schaumburg, Ill.
- Click here to read more about the 2008 Top Plants.
- Top Plant 2007: GEMA, Dundee, Mich.; SEW Eurodrive, Lyman, S.C.; and Spirax Sarco, Blythewood, S.C.
- Top Plant 2006: BMW, Spartanburg, S.C.; Square D, Lincoln, Neb.; and Toyota, Georgetown, Ky.
- Top Plant 2005: Daimler-Chrysler, Belviedere, Ill.
- Top Plant 2004: Hewlett Packard, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico and S+C Electric, Chicago